T-REX: A Prehistoric Family Adventure, A Place To Eat, Explore and Discover is now open at Downtown Disney in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.. Landry’s Restaurants and Schussler Creative combined in developing this concept for a new dining and retail experience in an interactive prehistoric environment. Guests visiting T-REX will be greeted with life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, bubbling geysers, a fossil dig site and much more.
"T-REX will attract visitors of all ages with its mix of delicious food and unique entertainment," said Tilman Fertitta, president, chairman and CEO of Landry's. "Downtown Disney is the perfect location for this innovative concept."
"T-REX is the perfect place to uncover never-before-known dinosaur facts and let your imagination roam wild," said Steve Schussler.
Some of the highlights are as follows:
- A large excavation pit with replicas of fossil bones waiting to be uncovered by would-be paleontologists to practice their skills
- The Geode Splitter breaks up geodes to display hidden minerals.
Pan for precious stones, gems and fossils within Discovery Creek.
- Expand your knowledge of the dinosaur era and play one of several family-friendly games on the interactive Paleo Screens.
- T-REX greets visitors with a skeletal version of a 125-foot long replica of an Argentinasaurus and an animatronic Tyrannosaurus.
- T-REX also greets guests with a giant animatronic octopus sitting on top of the Shark Bar, motioning guests in for a specialty drink and a view of a 5,000-gallon shark tank.
- A 30,000 sq. ft. restaurant seats 600 guests and is divided into several separate, distinctive dining rooms, each with its own theme and animatronic dinosaurs.
- Areas include the Ice Cave, Fern Forest, Coral Reef Dining Room, Sequoia Room and Geo-Tech Room.
- An amazing meteor shower travels across the dining room ceiling every 20 minutes.
- Food facilities are cutting-edge. The Kitchen of Fire offers an open kitchen with a giant rotisserie that allows visitors to see meals being prepared.
- Dishes including Triassic Tortellini, the Bronto Burger and the one-of-a-kind Boneyard Buffet.
- The Dino-Store where you can shop for exciting dinosaur-related apparel and gifts. Young dinosaur fans will especially enjoy the chance to take home their own personal dinosaur at Build-A-Dino.